- Adjunct Professor Bill Lane
- Adjunct Professor
Office of the Registrar,
Governance and Legal Services
- Discipline *
- +61 403 033 263
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
LLM (The University of Melbourne), LLB (University of Sydney)
Law - administrative
Bill Lane is a nationally recognized expert in the field of administrative law and is External Consultant to the national law firm, Clayton Utz. He was previously the Clayton Utz Professor of Public Law at QUT and before that, taught law at La Trobe University, the University of Sydney Law School and the University of Queensland Law School.
As well as published chapters in books, articles and conference papers, he is:
- joint author of Administrative Law in Australia 2007 (Thomson Lawbook Co)
- joint author of Administrative Law in Queensland 2001 (Thomson Lawbook Co)
- editor of Queensland Administrative Law Looseleaf Service (Thomson Lawbook Co)
- editor of the Queensland Administrative Reports (Thomson Lawbook Co).
During his time as a full-time academic member of QUT Law School, Professor Lane completed two Australian Research Council grants for examining the legal implications of establishing virtual information sharing networks for the protection of critical infrastructure and the legal issues associated with the adoption of data breach disclosure obligations.
Professor Lane is admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and Queensland. He has been a part-time member of a number of Commonwealth and State tribunals and administrative bodies, including the Veterans’ Review Board, the APMAIFF and the Queensland Non State Schools Accreditation Board (NSSAB).
Units previously taught whilst a full-time academic at QUT Law School
- Lane W, Young S, (2007) Administrative Law
- Lane W, (2007) The 'No Evidence' Rule, Australian Administrative Law p233-252
- Burdon M, Gonzalez Nieto J, Christensen S, Dawson E, Duncan W, Lane W, (2007) Access Control in Federated Databases: How Legal Issues Shape Security, Lecture Notes in Computer Science p228-239
- Lane B, (2005) Queensland Administrative Law
- Lane W, (2004) Queensland Administrative Law
- Lane W, (2002) Freedom of Information and Privacy Law, The Queensland Law Handbook p977-985
- Lane W, (2002) The Judicial Review Act 1991 (Qld) - 'ADJR Act Mark II'?, Administrative Law: The Essentials p41-52
- Lane W, (2002) Queensland Administrative Law
- Gilbert C, Lane W, (2001) Queensland Administrative Law
- Lane W, Young S, (2001) Administrative Law in Queensland
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.