- Emeritus Professor Wendy Patton
- Emeritus Professor
Faculty of Education,
Faculty Office - Education
- Discipline *
- Other Education, Psychology
- +61 7 3138 3278
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (University of Queensland), BA(Hons) (University of Queensland), BEd (James Cook Uni. of North Qld)
Career counselling, Career development, Career education
Emeritus Professor Wendy Patton was the Executive Dean – Faculty of Education – QUT from 2006 to 2015.
Career development and counselling
In the areas of career development and counselling, Professor Patton has:
- co-authored 2 books
- edited one book
- co-edited nine books.
She has published more than 150:
- refereed articles
- book chapters and
- conference papers.
She is currently:
- on the editorial advisory boards of a number of national and international career development journals
- series editor of a five book Career Development Series with Sense Publishers
- Chair of Yumi Deadly Centre Advisory Committee, Smarter Stronger Learning Communities Board and Next Steps Initiative Project Board
- Chair of Queensland Deans of Education Forum and Member of the Australian Council of Deans of Education Board.
In June 2004, she was an invited speaker representing Australia at a symposium in San Francisco jointly organised by:
In 2007, she was invited to Chair one of the three symposia at a joint meeting of these two associations in Italy.
Higher degree research students
Professor Patton has supervised to completion:
- 18 doctoral students
- 3 research masters students.
Professor Patton has been a recipient of a number of ARC grants – more recently an ARC Linkage (2008 – 2010) and an ARC Discovery (2011 – 2013).
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.