- Dr Frederik von Briel
- Senior Research Fellow
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Business and Management, Information Systems
- +61 7 3138 0226
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (City University of Hong Kong), MBE (Steinbeis University of Berlin)
- Professional memberships
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
Frederik is a Senior Research Fellow with a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. He conducts evidence-based research on relevant topics and shares his knowledge with other people and organizations to help them succeed.
Most of Frederik’s current research focuses on digital entrepreneurship – the creation of new businesses based on digital technologies – and digital innovation – the creation of new products, processes, and services based on digital technologies. He works on these topics together with organizations of all sizes – from small start-ups to large corporations.
Frederik received his PhD from City University of Hong Kong for his work on the influence of business accelerator networks on the performance of high-tech start-ups. Before joining City University, he worked as a business intelligence consultant at Hewlett-Packard and as a customer relationship management specialist at IBM.
MGN432 – Contemporary entrepreneurship: This unit is designed to equip students with the skills and techniques for building new ventures—both independently as entrepreneurs and within existing companies as intrapreneurs. Over the course of the semester, students identify, evaluate, and refine real-world business opportunities and design new ventures around these business opportunities. Students learn and apply various techniques including for opportunity identification and validation, market research, value proposition design, business model development, investor pitching and overcoming resource constraints. At the end of the unit, students understand the viability of their identified business opportunities and have developed plans for seizing them.
- von Briel FT, Davidsson P, Recker JC, (2018) Digital technologies as external enablers of new venture creation in the IT hardware sector, Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice p47-69
- Davidsson P, Recker JC, von Briel FT, (2018) External enablement of new venture creation: A framework, The Academy of Management Perspectives
- von Briel FT, Recker JC, Davidsson P, (2018) Not all digital venture ideas are created equal: Implications for venture creation processes, The Journal of Strategic Information Systems p1-18
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.