- Dr Lisa Tam
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow
QUT Business School,
Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations
- Discipline *
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Purdue University), MPhil (Chinese University of Hong Kong), MStratPR (University of Sydney), BA (University of Sydney)
communication measurement, public relations, public diplomacy
Hi 🙂 I am a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the QUT School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations in Brisbane, Australia, and a Research Affiliate at the Debiasing and Lay Informatics (DaLI) lab of the University of Oklahoma. Prior to joining QUT, I was Lecturer of Strategic Communication at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia.
As a boundary-spanner between academia and industry, I have been involved in projects to which I contribute conceptual and methodological expertise to developing solutions for real-world problems, including developing research instruments, measurement scales, and analytical models, to assist organizations in identifying problems, managing their causes and developing approaches to solving them. I also have a strong interest in the use of industry tools in practice. I enjoy working with students, faculty colleagues from different disciplines, and industry partners to translate research findings into practical outcomes.
My research focus includes (a) public relations and integrated communications, (b) the relational approach to public diplomacy, and (c) communication measurement and evaluation.
I have been blessed with the following recognitions and opportunities:
- 2018 Most Dedicated Reviewer, awarded by ICA Public Relations Division
- 2017-18 Two Commercial and Consultancy Projects, funded by industry partners and administered by QUT
- 2016 Page & Johnson Legacy Scholar, awarded by Arthur W. Page Center
- 2015-16 Three Research Grants, respectively funded by three research units at La Trobe University
- 2014 Purdue Research Fellowship, awarded by Purdue University
- 2014 Peter Depreceny Corporate Communication Award, awarded by International Public Relations Research Conference
- 2010-12 Three Outstanding Teaching Awards, awarded by the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 2011 Top Student Paper, awarded by the Communication and Social Cognition Division of the National Communication Association
My teaching is guided by three principles: (a) relationship-centered, (b) profession-centered, and (c) diversity-centered.
At QUT, I am temporarily looking after AMB263 Introduction to Public Relations and AMN465 Public Relations Management and previously coordinated AMB330 Digital Portfolio.
Prior to joining QUT, I have also taught the following classes:
La Trobe University, Australia
– STC1WSC Writing for Strategic Communication
– STC1CAM Campaigns: Strategy, Analysis, and Design
– STC2CTA Communication Theory and Analysis
– STC5SOC Strategic Communication in Society (postgraduate)
– STC5RES Strategic Communication Research (postgraduate)
– STC5THP Strategic Communication Thesis (postgraduate)
Purdue University, USA
– COM114 Fundamentals of Speech Communication
– COM114E Fundamentals of Speech Communication (for engineering students)
– COM314 Advanced Presentational Speaking
– COM325 Interviewing: Principles and Practices
– COM325 Interviewing: Principles and Practices (“Summer in Siena” study abroad program)
Chinese University of Hong Kong
– COMM2910 News Analysis
– COMM4140 International Communication
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.