- Emeritus Professor Tim Robinson
- Business Sessional Academic
QUT Business School,
Economics and Finance
- Emeritus Professor
Human Resources Department,
HR Client Services
- Discipline *
- Applied Economics
- +61 7 3138 2519
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (University of Queensland), BEcon(Hons) (University of Queensland)
Macroeconomics & the Australian economy, Microeconomics, Mineral economics
Tim brings to QUT a plethora of economic teaching experience, having first being appointed to QUT in 1983. Prior to this, he held the position of Senior Research Assistant with the Department of Economics at the University of Queensland.
His principal research interests are environmental economics and the work-leisure balance. He is also the co-author of the 2002 book Economics for Today, which is widely used in introductory Economic units. His latest book, Work, Leisure and the Environment, explores the work-life balance and its adverse affect on the environment.
Tim was appointed the Head of School in December 2006.
He is the Professional Membership Coordinator for The Economic Society of Australia (QLD).
- Environmental economics
- Applied microeconomics
- The Australian economy.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Essays on Irrigation Development, Farm Production and Unaccounted Costs: Theory and Empirical Evidence (2011)
- Economic Growth, Inequality and Technology Adoption in Transitional Economies (2009)
- A Study of Learning in Economics (2008)
- Price and Volatility Relationships in the Australian Electricity Market (2006)