- Dr Timothy Molloy
- Advance QLD Fellow
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Discipline *
- Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- +61 7 3138 4343
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace Avionics) (Queensland University of Technology)
Differential and Dynamic Game Theory, Optimal Control Theory, Inverse Optimal Control and Dynamic Games, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), Vision-Based Detect and Avoid, Autonomous Mid-Air Collision Avoidance, Statistical Signal Processing, Quickest Detection
I am a Research Associate at QUT on industry-funded and ARC projects to investigate enabling signal processing and control technologies for autonomous mid-air collision avoidance and vision-based detect and avoid (DAA). I am the recipient of an Advance Queensland Early-Career Research Fellowship Safely Guiding Unmanned Aircraft Through Queensland Skies to develop novel control and guidance strategies for unmanned aircraft in potential collision scenarios. This fellowship is supported by Boeing Research and Technology Australia, QUT, and the Queensland State Government. More broadly, my research interests span the fields of control engineering, signal processing, information theory, and robotics. I have particular interest in the problems of robust detection and estimation, inverse optimal control, and inverse dynamic and differential game theory.
I received the B.E. (Aero Av) and Ph.D. degrees from QUT in 2010 and 2015, respectively. I was awarded a QUT University Medal in 2010 for exceptional academic performance in B.E. (Aero Av), and a QUT Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Award in 2016 for outstanding contribution to the field of study and excellence in higher degree research practice.
- Molloy TL, Ford JJ, (2017) Misspecified and asymptotically minimax robust quickest change detection, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing p5730-5742
- Molloy TL, Ford JJ, Mejias Alvarez LO, (2017) Detection of aircraft below the horizon for vision-based detect and avoid in unmanned aircraft systems, Journal of Field Robotics p1378-1391
- Molloy TL, Kennedy JM, Ford JJ, (2017) Minimax robust quickest change detection with exponential delay penalties, IEEE Control Systems Letters p280-285
- James JF, Ford JJ, Molloy TL, (2017) Change detection for undermodelled processes using mismatched hidden Markov model test filters, IEEE Control Systems Letters p238-243
- Molloy T, Ford JJ, (2016) Asymptotic minimax robust quickest change detection for dependent stochastic processes with parametric uncertainty, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory p6594-6608
- Molloy TL, Tsai D, Ford JJ, Perez T, (2016) Discrete-time inverse optimal control with partial-state information: A soft-optimality approach with constrained state estimation, Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE 55th Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) p1926-1932
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.