This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Professor Melinda Edwards
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 2000
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Master of Laws (Bond University), GDLegalPrac (Queensland University of Technology), LLB(Hons) (University of Queensland), BA (University of Queensland)
Before joining the QUT Law Faculty in 1991, Melinda was an Associate in the Dispute Resolution division of Cooper Grace & Ward, Brisbane.
- Civil Procedure
- elective units in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- work integrated learning units
- Mediation in the Masters Program
- negotiation strategies in the Executive Masters in Complex Project Management.
Her current research interests are in those areas and in teaching and learning with particular focus on work integrated learning experiences. She has published extensively in these areas.
Melinda is co-author of numerous texts on Equity and Trusts and was a principle author of the LawNow Litigators Toolkit. She also conducts commercial research projects and professional development courses in mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution for government agencies and community groups.
- Conflict resolution in the education system
- Alternative dispute resolution processes
- Procedural justice
- Teaching and learning in higher education
- Work integrated learning
- Resilience for law students.
Units currently taught
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.