- Dr Sean Wu
QUT Business School,
Economics and Finance
- Discipline *
- Banking, Finance and Investment, Econometrics
- +61 7 3138 4241
- +61 7 3138 1500
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Ph.D in Finance (University of Queensland), Master of Commerce Advanced (University of Queensland)
- Background Sean (Yanhui) joined QUT as a lecturer in July 2009. Prior to this, Sean has been tutoring for more than two years at the University of Queensland. His research interests include corporate governance, investment in emerging markets, insider trading, and corporate innovation. His research papers have been presented in many top finance conferences such as EFA, FMA and CICF.
- Education PhD in Finance (UQ, 2011); Master of Commerce Advanced in Finance (UQ)
- Areas of expertise
- Corporate governance
- Distress risk
- Insider trading
- Corporate innovation
- Working paper :
- Ovtchinnikov, Alexei V. and Reza, Syed Walid and Wu, Yanhui, Political Activism and Firm Innovation (July 24, 2014). FMA2014,EFA2015. JFQA Forthcoming
- Renée Adams, Yanhui Wu and Qiaoqiao Zhu, What do bankers know? (June, 2012) (Asian FMA 2013, CICF 2013, Asian FA 2013).
- Qiaoqiao Zhu and Wu, Yanhui. When is Insider Trading Informative? 2011 (FMA2011, AsianFA 2011)
- Ruchith Dissanayake, Yanhui Wu, and Huizhong Zhang, Government Spending Shocks and Firm Innovation. 2017 (FMA2018).
SSRN author page: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=1526932 Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/site/seanyanhuiwu/home
- EFB343 Corporate Finance
- EFN412 Advanced Managerial Finance
- Darrat AF, Gilley O, Li B, Wu S, (2011) Revisiting the risk/return relations in the Asian Pacific markets: New evidence from alternative models, Journal of Business Research p199-206
- Darrat AF, Gilley O, Wu S, Zhong M, (2010) On the Chinese B-share price discount puzzle: Some new evidence, Journal of Business Research p895-902
- Wu S, Gaunt C, Gray S, (2010) A comparison of alternative bankruptcy prediction models, Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics p34-45
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.