- Professor Scott Sheppard
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (International)
Division of International,
International - DVC Office
- +61 7 3138 2747
- +61 7 3138 9094
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Bachelor of Arts Modern Asian Studies (Griffith University)
- Professional memberships
- Chair – International Strategy Committee
- Chair – International Leaders’ Group
- Chair-The Confucius Institute at QUT
- Member – QUT’s senior executive and sits on a number of University committees
- Chair – Queensland Health Professional Development Consortium
Scott Sheppard is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Vice-President (International) at QUT.
He leads the University’s international and development activities and his portfolio includes:
- QUT International
- QUT International College
- QUT Precincts
- International Student Services
- The Confucius Institute at QUT (CIQ)
In his career, Scott has held leadership roles across government and the education and training sector.
A former Diplomat for Australia, Scott has lived and worked in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Shanghai for more than 10 years.
- 2006 – 2008: Minister-Counsellor (Education, Science and Training) – Australian Embassy Beijing. Scott was responsible for Australia’s education and science relationship with the People’s Republic of China, maintaining and developing Australia’s largest bilateral education relationship.
- 2003 – 2005: Executive Director – QUT International
- 2003: Awarded a Centenary Medal for services to international relations
- 1998 – 2002: Queensland Commissioner to China, based in Shanghai
- 1992 – 1996: Consul Economic of the Australian Consulate General in Hong Kong.
He has studied at:
- Taiwan Normal University
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Griffith University (Modern Asian Studies)
- ANU (International Law).
- Minister-Counsellor (Education and Science) – Australian Embassy Beijing
- Executive Director – QUT International
- Director – Queensland Education and Training International, Department of Premier and Cabinet, Queensland Government
- Commissioner – Queensland Government Trade and Investment Office Shanghai, China
- Consul Economic – Australian Consulate General Hong Kong
- Executive Officer – Gulf War Task Force, DFAT, Canberra
- China Analyst – Department of Defence, Canberra
- Purchasing Officer – Peko Wallsend, Brisbane.