- Ms Saskia Neale
- Research Training Program (Stipend) Domestic Co-Funded (RTP)
Science and Engineering Faculty,
School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- +61 7 3138 0741
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Juris Doctor (Bond University)
USB246 – Transaction Process
USB243 – Property Legislation
Prior to teaching at the Queensland University of Technology, Saskia taught at the University of the Sunshine Coast. She also worked at the Department of Justice and Attorney General for a number of years as a senior litigator, researcher, advisor and court registrar.
She has taught various areas of law. Her main interests are; property economics, equity and trusts, resources, technology, right to information, privacy, electronic courts projects, copyright, intellectual property, access to justice, native title, cultural heritage, youth justice, litigation, land, mining, water, real property, environment, native title and economic justice.
Key positions held:
• Senior litigator: Federal Court, Supreme Court, Land Court, Aboriginal Land Tribunals;
• Registrar of the Supreme Court (Corporations Division);
• Legal researcher;
• Queensland Courts project Board Manager (e-courts);
• Federal Court mediator and negotiator;
• Planning and Environment court;
• Providing advice on draft bills to government;
• Lecturing and course development;
• Private business owner.
Academic qualifications: Juris Doctor (Hons) specializing in intellectual property, media and telecommunications (Dean’s List). Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Merit Award). Bachelor of Arts (Dean’s List) (majoring in Philosophy and English Literature).
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.