This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Roger Lowe
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 4550
- +61 7 3138 0486
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Phd (University of Queensland), MPsych (University of New South Wales), BA(Hons) (University of New South Wales)
Counselling, Counselling - family & couple, Counselling - short-term
- The theory, practice and efficacy of “constructive” therapies (e.g. solution-oriented, solution-focused and narrative therapies)
- Use of Reflecting Team Work in therapy and supervision.
- Philp K, Guy G, Lowe R, (2007) Social Constructionist Supervision or Supervision as Social Construction? Some Dilemmas, Journal of Systemic Therapies p51-62
- Lowe R, Hunt C, Simmons P, (2008) Towards Multi-positioned Live Supervision in Family Therapy: Combining Treatment and Observation Teams with First- and Second-order Perspectives, Contemporary Family Therapy p3-14
- Munro L, Philp K, Lowe R, Biggs H, (2005) Counselling Deaf Clients: Politics, Practice and Process, Proceedings of the Inaugural Australian Counselling and Supervision Conference 2005: Integrating Research, Training, and Practice p75-79
- Lowe R, (2005) Negotiating Goals in Conjoint Therapy: From Virtual to Actual Practice, Journal of Family Psychotherapy p43-49
- Lowe R, (2005) Structured Methods and Striking Moments: Using Question Sequences in "Living" Ways, Family Process p65-75
- Lowe R, (2002) Self-Supervision: From Development Goal to Systematic Practice, Supervision in the Helping Professions: A Practical Approach p67-78
- Lowe R, Guy G, (2002) Solution-Oriented Inquiry for Ongoing Supervision: Expanding the Horizon of Change, Supervision in the Helping Professions: A Practical Approach p143-156
- Lowe R, (2004) Family Therapy - A Constructive Framework
- Lowe R, (2000) Supervising Self-Supervision: Constructive Inquiry and Embedded Narratives in Case Consultation, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy p511-521
- Lowe R, (1999) Between the "No Longer" and the "Not Yet": Postmodernism as a Context for Critical Therapeutic Work, Deconstructing Psychotherapy p71-85
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Process and Outcome of Narrative Therapy for Major Depressive Disorder in Adults: Narrative Reflexivity, Working Alliance and Improved Symptom and Inter-personal Outcomes (2008)
- The Analysis of Counselling in Context: A Qualitative Case Study Approach to Practice in Malaysian Secondary Schools (2002)