- Dr Paul Wu
- Senior Lecturer in Statistical Data Science
Science and Engineering Faculty,
School of Mathematical Sciences
- Discipline *
- Architecture, Nanotechnology, Other Engineering
- +61 7 3138 9828
- View location details (QUT staff and student accessÂ only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), Master of Enginering Science (Computer and Comm Engineering) (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Computer Engineering (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
I am a research fellow working on a range of projects relating mostly to statistical complex systems modelling in multi-stakeholder environments involving government, industry and scientists. Current projects include:
- Marine ecosystem modelling â€“ a collaborative project between the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) and the Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS).
- Healthy waterways project, supporting the design of policy and advice for safe use of public swim sites such as beaches, estuaries and lakes. This is for city councils in the region south-east Queensland region.
- Airport operations decision support for passenger facilitation management, a project in the Air Transport Innovation Centre. Includes previous work with Brisbane Airport, Customs and Border Protection, and Biosecurity.
Since 2010, I have worked on the development and application of Bayesian Network (BN) and other statistical and simulation based tools (such as agent based modelling) to an array of industry problems. These include developing tools, models and analysis for decision support in airport operations and in the management of dredging operations. In 2009, I received my PhD from QUT for my thesis on Multi-Objective Mission Flight Planning in Civil Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). Some projects I have worked on include the modelling of risk presented to population centres from overflight of aircraft, and delivery of multimedia content to mobile phones, for which I was awarded the Engineers Australia Queensland Division J H Curtis Award.
Teaching discipline: Mathematical Sciences Teaching areas
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.