- Dr Ogan Yigitbasioglu
- Senior Lecturer
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- +61 7 3138 2403
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD in Accounting Information Systems
accounting information systems, management accounting, performance dashboards, cloud computing
Dr Ogan Yigitbasioglu is Senior Lecturer at the School of Accountancy. He previously worked as Assistant Professor at the Hanken School of Economics and served as Assistant Director of the Controller Performance Program at Hanken & Stockholm School of Economics Executive Education.
Dr Yigitbasioglu’s research lies at the intersection of accounting and information systems. He has published extensively on the adoption, use, and impact of various business technologies on accounting. These include, among others, cloud computing, performance dashboards, and analytics. His articles appeared in journals such as the International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, British Accounting Review, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, and the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change. His paper titled “Information Sharing with Key Suppliers: A Transaction Cost Theory Perspective” received the Emerald Highly Commended Paper Award in 2011. His research has attracted grants of over $70,000 in Australia (including CAANZ and AFAANZ) and Finland from both the public and private sector.
Dr Yigitbasioglu is extensively involved in HDR student supervision. He currently supervises several HDR students at QUT. He has supervised more than 12 HDR theses to completion. He holds a PhD and MSc in Accounting Information Systems. He is a member of the European Accounting Association and Accounting & Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand.
Accounting Information Systems
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Awards and recognition
- Editorial Role for an Academic Journal
- Reference year
- Member of Editorial Board
- Academic Honours, Prestigious Awards or Prizes
- Reference year
- Highly Commended Paper Award - International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Influence of Performance Measurements on Institutionalizing Process Improvement Initiatives (2019)
- How Australian Social Enterprises use Strategic Marketing and Social Marketing to Drive Accountability and Change for Sustainable Development (2017)