- Dr Michael Adams
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Science,
School of Information Systems
- Discipline *
- Information Systems
- +61 7 3138 2583
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Computing (Honours) (University of Central Qld)
Activity Theory, Process Aware Information Systems, Service Oriented Architectures, Workflow Systems
Research theme: Information
Research discipline: Information Systems
YAWL Initiative: YAWL is a BPM/Workflow system that is based on a concise and powerful modelling language and can handle:
- complex data
- integration with organisational resources and Web Services.
YAWL offers comprehensive support for the workflow patterns.
Business Process Extensibility: This project addresses the problem of large and recurrent on-costs associated with the customisation of business process reference models by:
- identifying process extensibility patterns
- deriving models and languages for extensibility points
- integrating these into an executable framework
- validating the resultant implementation through formalisations and case studies.
Teaching discipline: Information Systems
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.