- Dr Michael Gabbett
- Course Coordinator Diagnostic Genomics
Faculty of Health,
School - Biomedical Sciences,
Research - Biomedical Sciences
- IHBI Membership
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Biomedical Sciences - CDA
- Discipline *
- Genetics, Clinical Sciences, Paediatrics and Reproductive Medicine
- +61 7 3138 0872
- +61 7 3138 6030
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
MHM (University of New South Wales), MMedSc(ClinEpid) (University of New South Wales), MBBS (University of Queensland)
- Professional memberships
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Associate Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators
- Executive Member (Treasurer), Human Genetics Society of Australasia
- Executive Member (Immediate Past President), Australasian Association of Clinical Geneticists
- Member, Genomics Education Network of Australasia
- Member, Asia-Pacific Society of Human Genetics
- Member, American Society of Human Genetics
- Member, European Society of Human Genetics
Clinical genomics, Diagnostic genomics, Genetic counselling, Ethics, Education
Michael has a career in education and teaching spanning two decades. He currently co-ordinates and teaches into QUT’s Master of Diagnostic Genomics. Previously, he was instrumental in the redesign and delivery of Griffith University’s Master of Genetic Counselling.
Michael is active in the sphere of professional education of paediatricians and physicians. He currently sits on the Royal Australasia College of Physicians (RACP) Curriculum Advisory Group. He was a member of the RACP Advanced training Committee in Clinical Genetics for a number of years and held the position of RACP Regional Examiner at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Brisbane until the hospital’s closure.
Michael currently chairs the Human Genetic Society of Australasia’s working party on Core Capabilities in Genomics for medical graduates.
- Gabbett MT, Laporte J, Sekar R, Nandini A, McGrath P, Sapkota Y, Jiang P, Zhang H, Burgess T, Montgomery GW, Chiu R, Fisk NM, (2019) Molecular support for heterogonesis resulting in sesquizygotic twinning, The New England Journal of Medicine p842-849
- Newson A, Ayres S, Boyle J, Gabbett M, Nisselle A, (2018) Human Genetics Society of Australasia Position Statement: Genetic testing and personal insurance products in Australia, Twin Research and Human Genetics p533-537
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.