- Dr Melinda Laundon
- Lecturer, Learning and Teaching Development, Impact and Recognition
Office of the Provost,
Learning & Teaching Unit,
QUT Academy of Learning and Teaching
- Discipline *
- Business and Management, Policy and Administration, Specialist Studies in Education
- +61 7 3138 5757
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Master of Management (Australian National University), Master of Public Policy (Australian National University), Bachelor of Arts (Hons) (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Arts (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
Associate Fellow (Indigenous) of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA (Indigenous))
Member of the Australasian Research Management Society (ARMS)
Organisational justice, Reward and recognition, HR systems, Research impact, Knowledge translation, Evaluation, Pay transparency, Academic development, Higher education policy
I am committed to helping academics and professional staff to maximise the impact of their teaching, research and support for learning.
My research interests include the higher education policy environment, and in the management and organisation studies field, performance, recognition, learning and development. My work is often based on interdisciplinary approaches combining public policy and employment relations theory. Recent and current research projects include evaluation of learning and teaching, teaching philosophies of university educators, and reward and recognition in the Australian finance sector.
My career prior to academia was in the Australian Public Service, most recently as the Australian Research Council’s Assistant Director, Research Performance and Analysis.
I teach into QUT’s suite of Professional Development in Learning and Teaching modules and workshops supporting the Higher Education Academy (HEA) Fellowship program. have previously taught into the Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice and sessional development program.
I have also taught a range of management and international business units, including:
– Learning & Development in Organisations
– Performance and Reward Management
– Management Theory and Practice
– Organisational Behaviour
– Intercultural Communication and Negotiation
– International Business in the Asia Pacific
– Research Methodology
Policy analysis and professional roles include developing and advising on research impact case studies for the national Engagement and Impact Assessment 2018 exercise, and policy, guidelines and stakeholder consultation on the Australian Government’s Excellence in Research for Australia 2010, 2012 and 2015 evaluations.
I’ve conducted commercial research and consultancy for large finance companies, government agencies and non-profit organisations.
- Laundon M, Cathcart A, McDonald P, (2019) Just benefits? Employee benefits and organisational justice, Employee Relations p708-723
- Laundon M, Williams P, (2018) Flexible work: Barrier to benefits?, Financial Planning Research Journal p51-68
- Laundon M, McDonald P, Cathcart A, (2019) Fairness in the workplace: organizational justice and the employment relationship, Elgar introduction to theories of human resources and employment relations (Elgar Introductions to Management and Organization Theory) p295-310
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.