- Mr Mark Thomas
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Law,
- Discipline *
- Law, Other Law and Legal Studies
- +61 7 3138 5199
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
LLB (Queensland University of Technology)
Mark Thomas commenced his position as Associate Lecturer in late 1999.
- completed an Arts degree in English literature – 1976
- completed a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – 1998
- commenced PhD studies in feminist epistemology and sentencing theory and practice.
Prior to his position at the QUT Faculty of Law, Mark was a labour economist with the Commonwealth Government.
In this role, he:
- provided specialist economic advice to the Minister for Employment regarding labour market and occupational labour markets for skilled occupations
- developed econometric modelling for the Queensland economy in support of those analyses.
- criminal law
- sentencing theory
- intellectual property
- jurisprudence (especially feminist epistemology).
- carries out community service as a volunteer at the Caxton Legal Centre, working mainly on crime and family matters
- has been a member of the Centre’s management committee since 1999.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.