- Ms Moira McInerney
- Sessional Academic
Faculty of Health,
School of Public Health & Social Work
- Discipline *
- Public Health and Health Services
- +61 7 3138 0145
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Masters of Business Administration (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
- Fellow – Australasian College of Health Service Managers
- Member – Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology
- Graduate and Member – Australian Institute of Company Directors
Moira is a unit coordinator and lecturer in the School of Public Health and Social Work, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology.
With a BA (UQ) and MBA (QUT), Moira has a background in nursing and experience as a senior executive in private healthcare since 2000. At that time she worked nationally in business development with a large private hospital group. In 2002 she was appointed to project manage the acquisition of QML Pathology, since that time she has led diagnostic imaging, cardiology and ophthalmology businesses both corporate and private. Commissioning Oasis Surgical in New Zealand, a day stay surgical centre, for Auckland Eye.
An experienced board director, Moira also consults in Australia and New Zealand and is a Director of Medical Matters Australia and New Zealand .
- PUN210 Contemporary Health Management (Unit Coordinator)
- PUQ210 Contemporary Health Management (QUT Unit Coordinator)
- Taught into:
- PUN640 Health Systems
- PUN632 Leadership in Health Management
- PUN017 Health Planning and Evaluation
- HLN701 (Supervision)
Grants & Consultations (QUT):
- McInerney, M., Sav, A., King, J., & Baldwin, L. QUT for the Tender AM3035 – Support to Strengthen Customer Service and Patient Experience in Fiji’s Health Sector. Phase 1: $136,793.
Executive Roles Held:
- General Manager and CEO – Auckland Eye Ltd and Oasis Surgical Ltd
- General Manager – Heart Care Partners Pty Ltd.
- State Manager – Queensland Diagnostic Imaging
- Business Development Manager – QML Pathology
- Operations Integration Manager – QML Pathology
- Qld Branch Council Member – ACHSM
- Vice President Auckland YWCA, NZ
- Director – Eye Specialists in Partnership with Auckland Eye, NZ
- Lecturer and Unit Coordinator QUT
- Director Medical Matters Australia and New Zealand Pty Ltd
- Executive Officer Ophthalmology New Zealand (ONZ)
- QUT Team Leader – Support to Strengthen Customer Service Fiji