- Dr Levi Swann
- Lecturer in Industrial Design
Creative Industries Faculty,
School of Design Office,
- Discipline *
- Design Practice and Management, Other Built Environment and Design
- +61 7 3138 7657
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), BDes (Queensland University of Technology)
Human Factors, Expertise, Intuitive Interaction, Technology forecasting, Scenario planning, Visualisation
Levi Swann (PhD) is a Lecturer in Industrial Design at Queensland University of Technology. His PhD research investigated the interactions of airport security screeners, with a particular focus on understanding the role of intuitive expertise in complex interactive tasks. Levi’s current research expands on this work, and will contribute to the development of automated technologies for monitoring the airport security screening context and the interactions of security screeners. In addition, Levi has collaborated with the CSIRO, Agrifutures Australia and the Cotton Research and Development Corporation to conduct feasibility assessments and forecasting of emerging technologies in agriculture contexts.
Beyond research, Levi also has experience as a practicing designer. He obtained his Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) from Queensland University of Technology in 2009, and has worked in the fields of Industrial Design, Graphic Design, and Design Strategy. He is technically proficient with concept design, computer-aided design, rapid prototyping, and analogue and digital visualisation. This experience positions Levi as an interdisciplinary designer and researcher, with his practice targeted at the nexus of design, science and technology.
DYB121 – Introducing Design Fabrication
DNB111 – Aesthetics and Visualisation
DNH703 – Applied Design Research 1
DNH803 – Applied Design Research 2
- Blackler AL, Desai S, Swann LE, Chamorro-Koc M, Moyle GM, Stephens M, (2019) Using technology to enhance and encourage dance-based exercise, Heliyon p1-28
- Hamilton GS, Swann LE, Kutty S, Hearn G, Nayak R, Donovan JW, Polson DM, Rittenbruch M, Hellens RP, (2018) Detecting opportunities and challenges for Australian rural industries: Final report - February, 2018 (Publication No. 18/009), https://www.agrifutures.com.au/wp-content/uploads/publications/18-009.pdf
- Hamilton GS, Swann LE, Wilson C, Rajapaksa R, Khanal U, MacMahon B, Mason WM, (2018) Emerging industries: Agriculture and technology: February, 2018
- Swann L, Popovic V, Mason W, MacMahon B, (2017) Taxonomy of interactions and the design of the airport passenger screening process, Proceedings of the IASDR - International Association of Societies of Design Research 2017 Conference p1-21
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.