- Ms Lana Elliott
Faculty of Health,
School of Public Health & Social Work
- Discipline *
- Public Health and Health Services
- +61 7 3138 0251
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Master of International Public Health (University of Sydney)
Health policy & systems research, Pacific health
Lana is a health systems and policy researcher whose research critically analyses the political economy underpinning local through to global health policy decisions. With a background in human rights, international relations and public health, Lana is particularly passionate about global health and issues of health equity. Through long-term engagement in Vanuatu, Lana’s research focuses on health policymaking and systems strengthening efforts with a particular emphasis on the prevention and control of non-communicable disease (NCD) in the Pacific.
Lana has worked in various capacities in health management, public health & development in Australia and abroad. This real-world experience has informed her research interests and teaching endeavours as Lana’s work seeks to improve community health outcomes by strengthening health system planning and policymaking capacities.
Lana has experience in teaching across a broad range of health disciplines and year levels in face-to-face, online and blended modes. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and holds a Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (QUT).
Lana currently coordinates a number of undergraduate and post graduate units across the School of Public Health and Social Work including:
- PUB104 – Australian Health Care Systems
- PUB545 – Health Policy, Planning & Advocacy
- PUN017 – Health Planning & Evaluation
- PUN688 – Health Policy in a Global Context
- Taylor, J. & Elliott, L. (2017). Knowledge of sickness and healing, medical pluralism, and health seeking in Vanuatu. Development Policy Centre Blog. Canberra: Crawford School of Public Policy
- Vanuatu Ministry of Health. (2016). Vanuatu Non-Communicable Disease Policy & Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020. Port Vila: Vanuatu Ministry of Health Vanuatu Ministry of Health. (2016).
- Vanuatu Mental Health Policy & Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020. Port Vila: Vanuatu Ministry of Health
- Vanuatu Ministry of Health. (2015). Vanuatu Treatment Guidelines for Severe Acute Malnutrition. Port Vila: Vanuatu Ministry of Health
- Sanma Provincial Government Disability Desk. (2014) Sanma Provincial Government Disability Policy. Luganville: Sanma Provincial Government