- Dr Lalehvash Moghaddam
- Research Fellow
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering,
Energy and Process Engineering
- Discipline *
- Crop and Pasture Production, Agriculture, Land and Farm Management
- +61 7 3138 1757
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
Dr Laleh Moghaddam is an analytical chemist and research fellow within the Australian-Indian Strategic Research Fund Grand Challenge project “Integrated Technologies for Economically Sustainable Bio-based Energy’ at the Centre for Tropical Crops and Biocommodities, Queensland University of Technology. Dr Moghaddam completed her PhD studies on the vibration spectroscopy analysis of polymer processing at QUT in 2008. Since 2010, Dr Moghaddam has worked in the CTCB on a range of projects aimed towards the efficient and sustainable production of biofuels from biomass including sugar cane bagasse and microalgae. In 2012 Dr Moghaddam was the recipient of a proof of concept grant focused on the development of stress tolerant algal cultures with optimised lipid metabolism. Currently Dr Moghaddam is the associate supervisor of two PhD students and has co-supervised one honours student through to completion.
Laleh’s areas of expertise include:
- Analytical chemistry and vibrational spectroscopy
- Polymer processing
- Compositional analysis of polymers
- Biodiesel and biofuel production and quality analysis
- Petro-chemistry and lubricants
- Yeast and algae transformation and culture
- Biomass liquefaction for production of value-added products
Laleh’s current research interests include:
- Biopolymers and biofuels
- Transformation and cultivation of Algae
- The use of analytical chemistry within biological applications
- Application of chemometrics
- Biomass pre-treatment chemistry
- 2010 Research Fellow, Thermochemical conversion of biomass – Sugar research and innovation, Queensland University of Technology.
- 2009 Researcher, Investigation of the chemical structure and mechanism of the particles emitted from printers – International Laboratory for Air Quality and Health, Department of Physical and Chemical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology.
- 2009 Researcher, Identification of formaldehyde in dental materials, and Synthesis of TiO2 for polymer film and printing purposes – Department of Physical and Chemical Sciences, CRC Queensland polymer deviation, Queensland University of Technology.
- 2009 Postdoctoral research, Biopolymer research: preparation of bio– film from seeds´ protein such as zein and kafirin, Department of Pharmacy, University of Queensland.
- 2008 Tutor–first year chemistry, Department of Physical and Chemical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology.
- 2008 Bi–Cultural worker, Expanded Horizons Program, Wesley Mission Brisbane.
- 2007 – 2008 Laboratory Researcher (part–time), Department of Physical and Chemical Sciences, CRC Queensland polymer deviation, Queensland University of Technology.
- 2005 – 2008 Laboratory Demonstrator (part–time), Department of Physical and Chemical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology.
- 2005 – 2008 Laboratory Technician (Consulting in the area of applied vibrational spectroscopy; The study of the tree texture with FT–Raman (2005), Study of the homogeneity of the polymer blend by ATR–FTIR (2006), Mid–IR study of the QLD Main Roads samples (since 2006–2008) ), Department of Physical and Chemical Sciences, Queensland University of Technology.
- 2001 Laboratory Researcher, 2001 Behran oil Co., Tehran, Iran.