- Dr Kenan Degirmenci
Science and Engineering Faculty,
- Discipline *
- Information Systems, Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 4181
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Leibniz Universitat Hannover)
- Professional memberships
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- AIS Special Interest Group on “Green IS” (SIGGreen)
Kenan Degirmenci is a Lecturer in the Service Science Discipline of the School of Information Systems. Broadly, his research focuses on sustainability and ethical issues in information systems. More specifically, he investigates how information systems assist individuals and organizations to make informed decisions and become more environmentally sustainable. His second stream of research focuses on ethical issues in information systems, particularly, how organizations can improve their responses to consumers’ information privacy concerns.
He is currently working on an IFE Catapult project entitled “Mitigating Urban Heat”, in which an Internet of things enabled wireless sensor network is being implemented for environmental monitoring in Northshore Hamilton, Brisbane. His prior projects include research on an ARC Discovery Grant funded project entitled “Developing a Theory of Green Information Systems” at QUT, and a project funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy entitled “Showcase Electric Mobility” at the University of Hannover in Germany in cooperation with industry partner Volkswagen.
- Degirmenci K, (2020) Mobile users' information privacy concerns and the role of app permission requests, International Journal of Information Management p261-272
- Degirmenci K, Breitner MH, (2017) Consumer purchase intentions for electric vehicles: Is green more important than price and range?, Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment p250-260
- Degirmenci K, Lapin S, Breitner MH, (2017) Critical success factors of carsharing and electric carsharing: findings from expert interviews in Continental Europe, International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management p294-315
- Degirmenci K, (2017) Serious games for eco-effective transformations, Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on Information Systems p1-13
- Degirmenci K, Recker JC, (2016) Boosting green behaviors through information systems that enable environmental sensemaking, Proceedings of the 37th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2016) p1-11
- Degirmenci K, Katolla TM, Breitner MH, (2015) How can mobile applications reduce energy consumption? An experimental investigation of electric vehicles, Proceedings of the 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS) p1-17
- Degirmenci K, Guhr N, Breitner MH, (2013) Mobile applications and access to personal information: A discussion of users' privacy concerns, Proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2013) p1-21
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
- An IS design framework fostering service adoption in open cyber-physical systems of smart cities
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Alistair Barros