- Dr Kath O'Brien
Faculty of Health,
School - Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- IHBI Membership
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Exercise and Nutrition - HDHS
- Discipline *
- Human Movement and Sports Science
- +61 7 3138 8744
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (University of Queensland)
- Professional memberships
Sport Australia – Industry Advisory Group – Officiating
I have a passion for sport, health, coaching, the science of movement, and helping people to learn. I also believe that curriculum development through innovation, real-world ideas, inquiry-driven processes, research and reflection, in partnership with community members, is essential to the ongoing evolution of high-quality educational frameworks that promote and shape student learning across all fields of study.
Hence, my growing research agenda around high-performance sport officiating and skill acquisition combines depth of professional knowledge with links to the ‘real world’ that support the evolving needs of industry and practitioners alike. Furthermore, my previous teaching experience, curriculum knowledge, and skill expertise in the areas of HPE, High-Performance Coaching (i.e., as a National and State level Touch Football coach) and Science is an asset to teaching into, and further developing, ‘cross boundary’ collaborations between students, industry and community that transforms, inspires and innovates people in our rapidly changing world.
- Lecturer – Faculty of Health (School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences)
- Casual Academic & Unit Coordinator – University of New England (UNE) – Health & Physical Education
Previous Teaching Employment:
- Secondary Teacher – HPE, Sport & Fitness, Chemistry, Biological Science, Science
- Head of HPE / Head of Sport / Acting Deputy (Planning)
- Executive Officer – Queensland Touch Association (SWQ)
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.