- Dr Kanika Goel
- Associate Lecturer
Faculty of Science,
School of Information Systems
- Discipline *
- Information Systems, Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 4780
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
Member of Women in IT
Kanika is an Associate Lecturer and a member of the Business Process Management group of the School of Information Systems, Science and Engineering Faculty. She completed Computer Science Engineering in 2009. She then worked at Tata Consultancy Services, following which she completed her Masters degree in Information Technology in 2012. Kanika earned her PhD in the area of Business Process Management in 2018.
Kanika is a unit coordinator and lecturer of two units, Business Process Technologies and Modern Data Management. She has developed the Modern Data Management unit from scratch, which was run for the first time in S2 2019. The feedback from students reflected the success of the unit.
Kanika also coordinates the continuing professional education BPM units at QUT, which aims at providing BPM education to professionals.
Kanika’s research focusses on topics related to Business Process Management. Her research is committed to improve and innovate business processes. She believes in leveraging IT for improvement of business processes. She has researched widely in the space of conceptual modelling. She is currently researching in the area of process mining, automation, and modern databases.
Teaching Discipline: Information Systems
- Business process modelling
- Business process automation
- Workflow management
- Process mining
- Process monitoring and analysis
- Business process improvement
- Modern data management technologies
- NoSQL databases
- Streaming data algorithms and technologies
Semester 1 Teaching
IAB321: Business Process Technologies (Unit Coordinator and Lecturer)
Semester 2 Teaching
IAB206: Modern Data Management (Unit Coordinator and Lecturer)
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Awards and recognition
- Reference year
- Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence - 2019 (in a group) Category: Innovation and creative practice excellence The award was granted for the impactful and innovative partnership between Research Management Systems Upgrade and Business Process Management that supported high quality research for implementing systems for researchers and research administration.