- Dr Jeanette Neden
- Senior Lecturer, Curriculum & Learning Design
Office of the Provost,
Learning & Teaching Unit,
Digital Learning Portfolio
- Discipline *
- Other Education
- +61 7 3138 9249
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
- Professional memberships
Senior Fellow, Advance HE, (SFHEA) Recognition reference: PR058716.
Associate Fellow, Advance HE, (Indigenous) Recognition reference: PR190994
Vice President, Australian & NZ Social Work and Welfare Education and Research (ANZSWWER)
Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA), Member.
Registered Teacher and Approved Supervisor, UK National Association for Family Therapy, Number 8/2006.
Health and Care Professions Council UK (HCPC), Past Registrant.
Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE), Member.
Association for Learning Technology (ALT, UK), Member.
Registered Systemic Psychotherapist, UK Council for Psychotherapy (1996-2015)
PhD Northumbria University, School of Health, Social Work and Community Studies.
Master of Education in Digital Learning, Monash University.
Post Qualifying Post Graduate Diploma in (Systemic) Teaching, Training and Supervision, Northumbria University.
MA (Systemic Practice and Family Therapy) Northumbria University.
Post Qualifying Post Graduate Social Work Award (PGCCA), University of York.
Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE), Open University, UK.
Post Graduate Bachelor of Social Work, University of Western Australia.
Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Western Australia.
Jeanette took up her appointment as Senior Lecturer Curriculum Transformation in the Learning and Teaching Unit at QUT early in 2017.
Jeanette holds undergraduate degrees in Aboriginal Prehistory and Archaeology, and Social Work and post graduate degrees and post qualifying awards in Social Work, Family Therapy, and Education. She has 30 years experience as a practitioner and educator and has taught in Further and Higher Education contexts including Newcastle College, and Northumbria, Durham, Griffith and QUT Universities. Jeanette’s academic roles have encompassed teaching, research, HDR supervision and leadership. Jeanette is former Program Lead of the Master’s Degree in Family Therapy, the Master’s Degree in Systemic Teaching, Training and Supervision, Academic Lead of the Systemic Psychological Therapies Pathway C&YP IAPT at Northumbria University, the National Chair of the Association for Family Therapy and the Chair of the National Accrediting Committee of the Professional body for Family Therapy and Systemic Practice. Her background in social work and family therapy includes diverse roles in the Australian Public Service, UK Local Authorities, the NSPCC and the NHS. In Australia, prior to commencing at QUT Jeanette was Director of Field Education (Social Work) at Griffith University . Jeanette is a Senior Fellow of the HEA (Now AdvanceHE) and Vice Chair of the Australian and New Zealand Social Work and Welfare Education and Research Group. Her research interests include:
- Reflexive, and decolonizing methodologies in practice, education and research.
- Collaborative, dialogical and relational approaches to learning, teaching and research
- Professional education and development
- Curriculum and learning design and how technology supports pedagogy
Her scholarship and research includes collaborative, reflexive and constructionist approaches to curriculum, pedagogy and assessment, facilitating integrative, anticipative and sustainable education and agile professional development, decolonising and dialogical approaches to research and education.
- Neden J, Cleak H, Thomson S, (2020) Towards Agility: Scaffolding Anticipative Education in Social Work, British Journal of Social Work
- Neden J, Boddy J, Davies B, Hunt S, Young S, Wooler S, (2018) Designing integrative learning on placement: A study of student experiences, Advances in Social Work and Welfare Education p157-169
- Neden J, Townsend R, Zuchowski I, (2018) Towards sustainability in Australian social work field education, Australian Social Work p345-357
- Wells M, Bloomfield L, Whelan A, Neden J, (2016) Delivering a cost-effective relational educational group program for patient rehabilitation, Social Work Focus p58-59
- Neden J, Bradbury G, (2011) Co-working in live supervision: Improvisations for transformative learning, Context p14-17
- Neden J, Barber J, Bradbury G, Cheung A, (2011) Bringing forth spirituality dialogues in family therapy education, Journal of Family Therapy p224-228
- Neden J, (2011) Curating stories in teaching family therapy, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy p220-236
- Neden J, Cramer C, (2009) Conversations about transformation: Exploring the master's dissertation as a relational context for re-authoring personal and professional development, Context p8-11
- Neden J, (2007) Assessment and reflexivity in family therapy training, Journal of Family Therapy p373-377
- Neden J, Burnham J, (2007) Using relational reflexivity as a resource in teaching family therapy, Journal of Family Therapy p359-363
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.