- Dr Jacob Coetzee
- Snr Lecturer Electrical Engineering
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Vision and Signal Processing
- Discipline *
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- +61 7 3138 2865
- +61 7 3138 1469
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD(Elec) (University of Pretoria)
- Professional memberships
Antenna arrays, Antennas, Microwave engineering, electromagnetics, microwave components
Jacob Coetzee was born in South Africa in 1964. He received the BEng (cum laude), MEng (cum laude) and PhD degrees in from the University of Pretoria, South Africa in 1986, 1989 and 1994, respectively.
He was with the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Pretoria from 1994 to 1997 and the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore from 1998 to 2007. He joined the Queensland University of Technology in January 2008.
His research interest is in the field of electromagnetics and microwave engineering, specifically antenna design, antenna arrays, computational electromagnetics and passive microwave components.
Jacob currently teaches the following units:
ENB120 Electrical Energy and MeasurementsENB242 Introduction to TelecommunicationsENB343 Fields, Transmission and PropagationENB440 RF Techniques and Modern Applications
- Sheel S, Coetzee JC, (2018) A compact dielectric-filled slotted cavity MIMO antenna, Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters p17-22
- Coetzee JC, Sheel S, (2018) Compensation for waveguide losses in the design of slot arrays, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation p1271-1279
- Le N, Jayalath D, Coetzee JC, (2018) Spectral-efficient resource allocation for mixed services in OFDMA-based 5G heterogeneous networks, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies p1-13
- Coetzee JC, Sheel S, (2018) Waveguide slot array design with compensation for higher order mode coupling between inclined coupling slots and neighboring radiating slots, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation p1-12
- Baleshan T, Jayalath D, Coetzee JC, (2014) On power minimisation and SNR maximisation of distributed beamforming in cooperative communication systems, Electronics Letters p712-713
- Albannay M, Coetzee J, Tang X, Mouthaan K, (2012) Dual-frequency decoupling for two distinct antennas, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters p1315-1318
- Tang X, Mouthaan K, Coetzee J, (2012) Tunable decoupling and matching network for diversity enhancement of closely spaced antennas, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters p268-271
- Coetzee JC, Yu Y, (2009) Design of decoupling networks for circulant symmetric antenna arrays, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters p291-294
- Coetzee JC, Yu Y, (2008) New modal feed network for a compact monopole array with isolated ports, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation p3872-3875
- Coetzee JC, Yu Y, (2008) Port Decoupling for Small Arrays by Means of an Eigenmode Feed Network, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation p1587-1593
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.