- Dr Jason Sternberg
- Senior Lecturer
Creative Industries Faculty,
School of Communication
- Discipline *
- Communication and Media Studies
- +61 7 3138 8180
- +61 7 3138 8195
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland), Master of Education (Queensland University of Technology)Master of Education (Queensland University of Technology)
Media audiences, Television news & current affairs, Youth culture, Youth media, politics, popular culture
Jason is a Lecturer in Media and Communication in QUT’s Creative Industries Faculty at QUT. He was Subject Area Coordinator for Media and Communication between 2006-2007.
Jason researches in the areas of:
- media audiences
- youth media
- popular culture
In 2007, the Melbourne Age named Jason as belonging to a new generation of public intellectuals ‘who have emerged over the past decade with a determination to help set Australian political and cultural agendas’.
Jason has written and published extensively, including
- co-editor of Mobilising the Audience (UQP 2002)
- co-author of Connecting Diversity: Paradoxes of Multicultural Australia (2006)
- written for the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS), Australia’s multicultural broadcaster
- contributor to The Media and Communications in Australia, this country’s leading university media studies textbook.
Jason is currently collaborating on the book Measuring Audiences, which deals with:
- the media audience research industry
- researching illegal music downloading
- The Biggest Loser.
Jason is regularly called upon to provide comment on media issues. He has appeared on:
- the Today Show
- Today Tonight
- A Current Affair
His work has been quoted on:
- Good News Week
Jason is currently completing a Masters degree in Education.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.