- Associate Professor Isil Erol
- Associate Professor Property
QUT Business School,
Economics and Finance
- Discipline *
- Banking, Finance and Investment, Applied Economics, Other Built Environment and Design
- +61 7 3138 7315
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (University of Cambridge)
Property Economics, Housing finance, Publicly traded property companies, REITs, Mortgage markets and pricing contracts, Financialization of urban redevelopment
Isil Erol is an Associate Professor of Property at the School of Economics and Finance at the Queensland University of Technology. Professor Erol received her BS in City and Regional Planning (1998), MSc in Economics (2000) from Middle East Technical University, and her MPhil degree in Land Economy (2001) and PhD degree in Real Estate Finance (2004) from the University of Cambridge.
Professor Erol has authored and co-authored publications in journals, edited books, and conference proceedings. Her publications have appeared in the Journal of Housing Economics, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Urban Geography, Journal of Housing and Built Environment, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Applied Economics, Review of Urban and Regional Development Studies, International Real Estate Review, and METU Journal of Faculty of Architecture.
Main Research Areas:
Publicly traded property companies, REITs
Financialization in housing and urban redevelopment
Honors and Scholarships:
2001-2003: Bill Gates – Cambridge Scholarship for the PhD Degree at the University of Cambridge, UK.
2001-2003: Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS), Universities UK, Department of Education and Skills (DfES) for the PhD Degree at the University of Cambridge, UK.
2000-2001: British Chevening and Turkish Education Foundation (TEV) Scholarship for the MPhil Degree at the University of Cambridge, UK.
1993-1998: Honor award for ranking 3rd in the Department of City and Regional Planning, Middle East Technical University, Ankara Turkey.
- Erol I, (2019) Financial transformation and housing finance in Turkey, The political economy of financial transformation in Turkey (Europa Perspectives: Emerging Economies) p243-268
- Erol I, Tirtiroglu D, Tirtiroglu E, (2019) Pricing of IPOs under legally-mandated concentrated ownership and commitment period: Evidence from a natural experiment for REITs in Turkey, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance p1-37
- Erol I, (2019) New geographies of residential capitalism: Financialization of the Turkish housing market since the early 2000s, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research p724-740
- Erol I, Tyvimaa T, (2019) Explaining the premium to NAV in publicly traded Australian REITs, 2008-2018, Journal of Property Investment and Finance p1-26
- Erol I, (2016) Construction, real estate mortgage market development and economic growth in Turkey, Real estate, construction and economic development in emerging market economies (Routledge Studies in International Real Estate Series) p37-63
- Kutlukaya M, Erol I, (2016) Analysis of cross-country variations in the depth of European mortgage markets, Journal of Housing and the Built Environment p513-543
- Cakici N, Erol I, Tirtiroglu D, (2014) Tracking the evolution of idiosyncratic risk and cross-sectional expected returns for US REITs, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics p415-440
- Erol I, Ileri A, (2013) Turkiye'de GYO Getirilerini Belirleyen Makroekonomik Faktorler Nelerdir? Dinamik Arbitraj Fiyatlama Modeli Uygulamasi (What determines REIT returns in Turkey? An application of time-varying arbitrage pricing model in an emerging REIT market), Iktisat Isletme ve Finans p9-32
- Erol I, Ozbakir B, (2012) Globalizing polycentricity in Istanbul: Mamdani-type fuzzy rule-based model of CBD office space rents, Urban Geography p1212-1248
- Erol I, Tirtiroglu D, (2010) Concentrated ownership, no dividend payout requirement and capital structure of REITs: Evidence from Turkey, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics p174-204
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.