- Dr HS Jin
- Senior Lecturer
QUT Business School,
Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 2645
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (University of North Carolina)
Advertising, Integrated Marketing Communication, Consumer Behavior, Social Marketing
Dr Hyun Seung “HS” Jin (PhD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations at the QUT Business School. Prior to joining QUT, Dr Jin worked at Samsung Co. in Seoul, Korea and taught advertising at Kansas State University and marketing at the University of Missouri at Kansas City in the United States. Dr Jin has published articles in Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research, Psychology & Marketing, Journal of Business Research, Tourism Management, Journal of Strategic Marketing, International Journal of Advertising, Health Marketing Quarterly, and others.
- Artificial intelligence, social robot, and anthropomorphism
- Advertising/IMC: creativity in advertising; joint effects of IMC tools
- Consumer behaviour: consumer memory, pro-social behavior, variety seeking, consumer choice
- Consumer behaviour
Selected Journal Publications:
- An, Soontae, Gyale Kerr, and Hyun Seung Jin (forthcoming), “Recognizing Native Ads as Advertising: Attitudinal and Behavioral Consequences,” Journal of Consumer Affairs.
- Martin, Brett, Carolyn A. Strong, Hyun Seung Jin, Dominique Greer, and Peter O’Connor (forthcoming), “Why Do Consumers Research Their Ancestry? How Need for Closure and Self Uncertainty Influence Consumers to Seek Genealogical Products,” Journal of Business Research.
- Martin, Brett, Kai Zhan, Ying Xian Wang, Hyun Seung Jin (forthcoming), “The Influence of Entitlement and Envy on Tourist Judgements on Missed Benefits,” Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Mitchell, Robert, Lisa Schuster, and Hyun Seung Jin (in press), “Gamification and the Impact of Extrinsic Motivation on Needs Satisfaction: Making Work fun?” Journal of Business Research. Published online 22 November 2018.
- Sharifsamet, Seyedamir, Hyun Seung Jin, and Brett A. S. Martin (in press), “Marketing Destinations: The Impact of Destination Personality on Destination Attitude: The Mediating Effects of Brand Trust,” Journal of Strategic Marketing. Published online 3 July 2018.
- Letheren, Kate, Brett Martin, and Hyun Seung Jin (2017), “Effects of Personification and Anthropomorphic Tendency on Destination Attitude and Travel Intentions,” Tourism Management, 62, 65-75.
- Martin, Brett A. S., Hyun Seung Jin, and Nhu Vi Trang (2017), “The Entitled Tourist: The Influence of Psychological Entitlement and Cultural Distance on Tourist Judgments in a Hotel Context,” Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 34 (1), 99-112.
- Jung, Jaemin, Sung Wook Shim, Hyun Seung Jin, and Hyoungkoo Khang (2016), “Factors Affecting Attitudes and Behavioral Intention toward Social Networking Advertising: A Case of Facebook Users in South Korea,” International Journal of Advertising, 35 (2), 248-265
- Jin, Hyun Seung (2015), “Antidepressant direct-to-consumer prescription drug advertising and public stigma of depression: The mediating role of perceived prevalence of depression,” International Journal of Advertising, 34 (2), 350-365.
- An, Soontae, Hyun Seung Jin, and Eun Hae Park (2014), “Children’s Advertising Literacy for Advergames: Perception of the Game as Advertising,” Journal of Advertising, 43 (1), 63-72.
- Jin, Hyun Seung and Richard J. Lutz (2013), “The Typicality and Accessibility of Consumer Attitudes toward Television Advertising: Implications for the Measurement of Attitudes toward Advertising-in-General,” Journal of Advertising, 42 (4), 343-357.
- Jin, Hyun Seung, Soontae An, and Todd Simon (2009), “Beliefs of and Attitudes toward Political Advertising: An Exploratory Investigation” Psychology and Marketing, 26 (6), 551-568
- Jin, Hyun Seung, Jaebeom Suh, and Todd Donavan (2008), “Salience Effects of Publicity on Advertised Brand Recall and Recognition,” Journal of Advertising, 37 (1), 43-55.
- Jin, Hyun Seung, Xinshu Zhao, and Soontae An (2006), “Examining Effects of Advertising Campaign Publicity in a Field Study,” Journal of Advertising Research, 46 (2), 172-182.
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Kansas State University, 2009
- Best Paper Award, American Marketing Association Summer Conference, 2005
- Best Paper Award, Association for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication, 2005
- Stamey Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, Kansas State University, 2005
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.