This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Adjunct Professor Gerry Gallery
- Discipline *
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability, Banking, Finance and Investment
- Please contact via email
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland)
Corporate Disclosure, Financial Performance in Capital Markets, Financial Reporting and Accountability, Pensions and Superannuation
Professor Gallery joined the School of Accountancy in 2006. Prior to joining QUT he held academic positions at the University of New South Wales, Bond University and University of Queensland. Before commencing his academic career in 1993, Gerry worked in an extensive range of accounting, financial management and resource planning positions in the telecommunications industry. Gerry’s research reflects his teaching and general interest in the area of financial accounting and disclosure, including
- the disclosure strategies of firms and superannuation funds
- disclosure quality and effectiveness
- the valuation relevant attributes of disclosure
- the implications of alternative reporting and governance mechanisms for investors and corporate regulators.
More recently his research interests have expanded to include financial literacy and well being. His research takes an interdisciplinary approach encompassing behavioural, social, and economic perspectives and has been widely published in Australia and international journals.
- Financial accounting and disclosure
- Accounting and disclosure regulation
- Information flows and information quality in capital markets
- Superannuation and retirement income policy.
- Financial accounting and accounting theory
- Financial analysis and business valuation
- Superannuation, wealth management/financial planning.
- Gallery GT, Nelson JE, (2008) The reliability of mandatory cash expenditure forecasts provided by Australian mining exploration companies in quarterly cash flow reports, Accounting Research Journal p263-287
- Gallery GT, Cooper EP, Sweeting JW, (2008) Corporate disclosure quality: lessons from Australian companies on the impact of adopting international financial reporting standards, Australian Accounting Review p257-271
- Gallery GT, Gallery N, Supranowicz M, (2008) Cash-Based Related Party Transactions in New Economy Firms, Accounting Research Journal p147-166
- Gallery G, Brown P, Dong C, (2005) Does market misvaluation influence takeover decisions and explain post acquisition performance?, Proceedings of the 2005 Annual Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference p1
- Gallery G, Dunstan K, Truong TP, (2006) The impact of New Zealand's statutory-backed Continuous Disclosure regime on corporate disclosure behaviour, Proceedings of the 29th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association p1
- Gallery G, (2005) The impact of New Zealand's statutory-backed continuous disclosure regime on corporate disclosure behaviour, Proceedings of the 17th Asian Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues
- Dunstan K, Gallery G, Truong TP, (2006) The impact of New Zealand's statutory-backed continuous disclosure regime on corporate disclosure behaviour, Proceedings of the 2006 Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference p1-42
- Gallery GT, Gallery N, (2006) Accounting Impediments to Better Superannuation Fund Governance, Accounting Accountability and Performance p33-57
- Gallery GT, Gallery N, (2006) Economic Effects of the Decline in Defined Benefit Pension Funding from Surpluses to Deficits, Pacific Accounting Review p5-31
- Brown P, Gallery GT, Goei O, (2006) Does Market Misvaluation Help Explain Share Market Long-Run Underperformance Following a Seasoned Equity Issue?, Accounting and Finance p191-219
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.