- Associate Professor Geoff Kent
- Principal Research Fellow
Faculty of Engineering,
School of Mech., Medical & Process Engineering
- Discipline *
- Mechanical Engineering, Food Sciences, Other Mathematical Sciences
- +61 7 3138 1185
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (James Cook Uni. of North Qld)
Biography: Geoff Kent has over 25 years experience in raw sugar factory research, consulting and training, specialising in cane transport and milling. He is recognised as a leading expert in milling technology.
Dr Kent is Team Leader for Cane Supply and Processing within the Sugar Research & Innovation group of Queensland University of Technology´s Centre for Tropical Crops and Biocommodities. He is responsible for much of QUT´s research, consulting and training activities in cane supply, transport and milling.
- 2005 to current Senior Research Fellow, Sugar Research & Innovation, Centre for Tropical Crops and Biocommodities, Queensland University of Technology
- 2005 Principal Engineer, Sugar Research Institute, Mackay, Queensland
- 1996 to 2005 Senior Engineer, Sugar Research Institute, Mackay, Queensland
- 1986 to 1996 Engineer, Sugar Research Institute, Mackay, Queensland