- Dr Fan Yi
- Senior Research Fellow
Faculty of Health,
School - Optometry and Vision Science,
Research - Optometry and Vision Science
- IHBI Membership
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Optometry - CDA
- Discipline *
- Optometry and Ophthalmology
- +61 7 3138 5709
- +61 7 3138 5665
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Master of Philosophy (Griffith University)
Dr Fan Yi is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of Optometry and Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation at Queensland University of Technology.
Dr Fan Yi was trained as a laser and optical engineer. He graduated from the Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, with a Bachelor of OptoElectronic Engineering degree in Laser Devices Design and Fibre Communication System, in 2002. He then finished a Master of Philosophy degree in Electronics in 2006 from Griffith University, Australia.
In 2007, he joined QUT to start his PhD under the supervision of Professor Robert Iskander and Professor Michael Collins. In 2010, he completed his PhD thesis, “Wavefront aberrations and the depth of focus of the human eye”. He designed and constructed an adaptive optics system during his PhD study and used it to investigate the impact of different types of wavefront aberration to the depth of focus of the human eye.
Dr Fan Yi’s current research interests include visual optics, optical system design for ophthalmic application, and wavefront aberration. His particular interest is in developing optimized optical correction for presbyopia.
- Yi FA, Iskander R, Collins MJ, (2011) Depth of focus and visual acuity with primary and secondary spherical aberration, Vision Research p1648-1658
- Yi F, Iskander R, Collins MJ, (2010) Estimation of the depth of focus from wavefront measurements, Journal of Vision p1-9
- Kopf M, Yi FA, Iskander R, Collins MJ, Shaw AJ, Straker BN, (2008) Tear film surface quality with soft contact lenses using dynamic videokeratoscopy, Journal of Optometry p14-21
- Yi F, Iskander R, Franklin RJ, Collins MJ, (2006) Computer Simulation of Visual Outcomes of Wavefront-Only Corneal Ablation, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery p487-494
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.