- Dr David Alonso Caneiro
- Senior Research Fellow
Faculty of Health,
School - Optometry and Vision Science,
Research - Optometry and Vision Science
- IHBI Membership
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Optometry - CDA
- Discipline *
- Optometry and Ophthalmology
- +61 7 3138 5717
- +61 7 3138 5880
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
Dr David Alonso-Caneiro is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the School of Optometry and Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation at Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
Dr Alonso-Caneiro graduated from the University of Valencia (Spain) with a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Telecommunications with First Class Honours in 2002 and a Master of Engineering in Electronics in 2004. He then moved to Limerick (Ireland) to work as an Evaluation Design Engineer for Analog Devices Inc. for two years.
In 2007, he joined QUT to start his PhD under the supervision of Professor Robert Iskander and Professor Michael Collins. In 2010, he completed his PhD thesis, “Non-invasive Assessment of Tear Film Surface Quality”, developing the use of a new technique to assess the quality of the tear film. The thesis was awarded the QUT Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Award 2010.
Dr Alonso-Caneiro’s current research interests include signal and image processing, especially in the area of biomedical engineering. His particular interest is in developing techniques to image and assess the human eye.
Contact Lens and Visual Optics Laboratory
- Alonso-Caneiro D, Turuwhenua J, Iskander D, Collins M, (2011) Diagnosing dry eye with dynamic-area high-speed videokeratoscopy, Journal of Biomedical Optics p1-8
- Alonso-Caneiro D, Karnowski K, Kaluzny B, Kowalczyk A, Wojtkowski M, (2011) Assessment of corneal dynamics with high-speed swept source Optical Coherence Tomography combined with an air puff system, Optics Express p14188-14199
- Read S, Collins M, Alonso-Caneiro D, (2011) Validation of optical low coherence reflectometry retinal and choroidal biometry, Optometry and Vision Science p855-863
- Szczesna D, Alonso Caneiro D, Iskander R, Read S, Collins M, (2010) Lateral shearing interferometry, dynamic wavefront sensing, and high-speed videokeratoscopy for noninvasive assessment of tear film surface characteristics : a comparative study, Journal of Biomedical Optics p037005-9
- Szczesna D, Alonso Caneiro D, Iskander R, Read S, Collins M, (2011) Predicting dry eye using noninvasive techniques of tear film surface assessment, Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science p751-756
- Alonso-Caneiro D, Iskander R, Collins M, (2009) Assessment of tear film surface quality using dynamic-area high-speed videokeratoscopy, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering p1473-1481
- Alonso Caneiro D, Iskander R, Collins M, (2009) Tear Film Quality With Soft Contact Lenses Using Dynamic-Area High-Speed Videokeratocopy, Eye and Contact Lens p227-231
- Alonso Caneiro D, Iskander R, Collins M, (2008) Estimating corneal surface topography in videokeratoscopy in the presence of strong signal interference, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering p2381-2387
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.