- Emeritus Professor Chris Ryan
- Visitor's position
QUT Business School,
- Adjunct Professor
QUT Business School,
- Emeritus Professor
Human Resources Department,
HR Client Services
- Discipline *
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- Please contact via email
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Doctor of Philosophy (Griffith University), Diploma of Education (University of Queensland), BCom (University of Queensland)
Financial accounting, Governance, Public sector accounting, accounting for non-profit organisations.
Chris Ryan is Head of the School of Accountancy. She is a Fellow of CPA Australia and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. She has served on a number of education and technical standards committees at both state and national levels of the professional accounting bodies throughout her university career. She has also served as an advisor to government at both local, state and national levels.
Chris Ryan’s research interests and expertise are in the complexities of the accountability and governance of non-business organisations. Her research spans both the theoretical and practical aspects of these issues. She has published widely in this area and was one of the principal investigators in an ARC Linkage Grant developing the Standard Chart of Accounts for non profit organisations. As well as her research publications, Chris has co-authored several accounting and management textbooks.
Chris is the current editor of the Accounting Research Journal, published by Emerald, and a member of the editorial boards of
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal
- Pacific Accounting Review
- Journal of Accounting and Organisational Change
- Journal of Accounting and Finance of the Asian Academy of Management.
- Accounting standards setting
- Nonprofit accounting issues
- Corporate governance in public agencies.
- Financial accounting
- Non-profit and public sector accounting.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.