- Dr Charles Robb
- Senior Lecturer
Creative Industries Faculty,
School of Creative Practice,
- Discipline *
- Visual Arts and Crafts
- +61 7 3138 3761
- +61 7 3138 8105
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Master of Fine Art (Monash University), Bachelor of Arts (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Fine Art (Sculpture) (Victorian College of the Arts)
practice-led methodologies, self-portraiture, topology in art, figurative sculpture, portraiture, public art, subjectivity
Charles Robb is a practicing artist and an Senior Lecturer in Visual Art. Charles’s work has been exhibited at major Australian venues including
- the Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia
- the Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney
- the Institute of Modern Art, Brisbane.
- 2005: selected for the National Gallery of Australia Sculpture Prize
- 2001, 2002 and 2005: short-listed three times for the Helen Lempriere National Sculpture Award
- recipient of Project Grants from both Arts Queensland and the Australia Council
- 2006: awarded the Australia Council Studio Residency at the Cite des Internationales in Paris.
- 2001: received a Freedman Foundation Travelling Scholarship to research Baroque sculpture in Spain.
In addition to appearing in catalogues, his work has been reviewed in
- Art and Australia
- Art Monthly
- Australian Art Collector
- World Sculpture News
His writing has been published in
- contemporary sculpture
- the portrait bust
- the commemorative statue
- autogeneity in contemporary art practice.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.