- Associate Professor Belinda Luke
- Associate Professor
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Business and Management, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability, Policy and Administration
- +61 7 3138 4323
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Auckland University of Technology), Masters of Business (Auckland University of Technology)
Belinda joined QUT in 2007, previously having worked as Lecturer and Course Coordinator in Accounting and Taxation in the School of Accountancy Law and Finance at Unitec in Auckland, New Zealand.
Prior to joining the tertiary sector in 2003, Belinda worked as a tax manager for PricewaterhouseCoopers in Australia, Ukraine, Papua New Guinea and China. Her international experience includes developing Unitec’s introductory accounting course for delivery in China.
Belinda’s research interests include reporting and accountability in third sector organisations, and she has published widely in these areas.
- Accounting and accountability
- Social enterprise
- Third sector
- Financial accounting at the postgraduate and undergraduate level.
- Williamson A, Luke B, Furneaux C, (2019) Privateness, accountability and philanthropic foundations, Third Sector Review p147-176
- Barraket J, Eversole R, Luke B, Barth S, (2019) Resourcefulness of locally-oriented social enterprises: Implications for rural community development, Journal of Rural Studies p188-197
- Williamson A, Luke B, Furneaux C, (2018) Why be accountable? Exploring voluntary accountability of Australian private ancillary funds, Australian Journal of Public Administration p375-391
- Luke B, Kearins K, Verreynne M, (2017) 'Pushing the boundaries' versus identifying the boundaries: an institutional perspective on NPM principles, Australian Accounting Review p285-296
- Williamson A, Luke B, Leat D, Leat D, Furneaux C, (2017) Founders, families, and futures: Perspectives on the accountability of Australian Private Ancillary Funds, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly p747-771
- Luke B, (2017) Statement of social performance: Opportunities and barriers to adoption, Social and Environmental Accountability Journal p118-136
- Luke B, (2016) Red Cross: The power of humanity, Nongovernmental organization case studies in leadership from around the world p15-24
- Ling S, Barraket J, Luke B, McLaughlin J, (2015) Acquaintance or partner? Social economy organizations, institutional logics and regional development in Australia, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development p219-254
- Luke B, (2015) What is missing? Rethinking student absences, Accounting Education p569-572
- Miles M, Verreynne M, Luke B, (2014) Social enterprises and the performance advantages of a Vincentian marketing orientation, Journal of Business Ethics p549-556
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.