- Adjunct Professor Anne Chang
- Adjunct Professor
Faculty of Health,
School - Nursing
- IHBI Membership
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Nursing - CDA
- Discipline *
- Nursing, Public Health and Health Services, Psychology
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
- Professional memberships
- Fellow of Royal College of Nursing, Australia
Advanced Nursing Practice, Chronic disease, Evidence, Psychosocial, Readmission, Self-efficacy, Self-management, Stroke, Systematic Review
Professor Chang is the Director of the Nursing Research Centre (NRC) and of The Queensland Centre for Evidence Based Nursing & Midwifery (QCEBNM), both based at the Mater Health Services in South Brisbane. The focus of research at Mater NRC is on the investigation of methods for improving patient care. The NRC conducts a Research Intern program that trains and supports nurses/midwives in research methods. The QCEBNM undertakes systematic reviews and projects facilitation nurses/midwives translation of evidence into practice. Educational activities of the QCEBNM are focused on developing the skills and confidence of clinical nursing and midwifery staff in locating, appraising and integrating evidence into their practice.
- acute care nursing
- psychosocial nursing
- symptom management
- self-efficacy and self-management
- facilitating evidence-based nursing/midwifery practice.
- 2008 – 2012: Preventing hospital re-admissions and loss of functionality in high risk older adults: A randomised controlled trial, Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant.
- 2008– 2010: Wound Care in Residential Aged Care Facilities, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- 2009-2010: Peer Support Based Cardiac-Diabetes Self-Management Program, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- 2009-2010: Development of a scale to measure nurses’ self-efficacy to practice, Queensland Nursing Council.
- Wu C, Gardner G, Chang A, (2009) Taiwanese nursing students' knowledge, application and confidence with standard and additional precautions in infection control, Journal of Clinical Nursing p1105-1112
- Wu C, Chang A, (2008) Audit of patients with type 2 diabetes following a critical cardiac event, International Nursing Review p327-332
- Crowe L, Chang A, Fraser J, Gaskill D, Nash R, Wallace K, (2008) Systematic review of the effectiveness of nursing interventions in reducing or relieving post-operative pain, International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare p396-430
- Sullivan K, White K, Young R, Chang A, Roos C, (2008) Predictors of intention to reduce stroke risk among people at risk of stroke: An application of an extended Health Belief Model, Rehabilitation Psychology p505-512
- Sung H, Chang A, Abbey J, (2008) An Implementation Programme to Improve Nursing Home Staff's Knowledge of and Adherence to an Individualized Music Protocol, Journal of Clinical Nursing p2573-2579
- Chan D, Chau J, Chang A, (2007) Psychosocial Outcomes of Hong Kong Chinese Diagnosed with Acute Coronary Syndromes: A Prospective Repeated Measures Study, International Journal of Nursing Studies p945-952
- Wu C, Chang A, McDowell J, (2008) Perspectives of Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Following a Critical Cardiac Event - An Interpretative Approach, Journal of Clinical Nursing p16-24
- Gardner G, Chang A, Duffield C, (2007) Making Nursing Work: Breaking Through the Role Confusion of Advanced Practice Nursing, Journal of Advanced Nursing p382-391
- Sung H, Chang A, Abbey J, (2006) The Effects of Preferred Music on Agitation of Older People with Dementia in Taiwan, International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry p999-1000
- Sung H, Chang A, Abbey J, (2006) Application of Music Therapy for Managing Agitated Behavior in Older People with Dementia, Journal of Nursing p58-62
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Evaluation of health-related outcomes following a self-management program for older people with heart failure (2008)
- Effectiveness of a Specific Infection Control Education Program for Taiwanese Nursing Students (2007)
- The Effect of an Experiential Learning Strategy on Nursing Students' Knowledge and Attitudes Toward Older People in Taiwan (2007)
- Evaluation of the Implementation of a Preferred Music Intervention for Reducing Agitation and Anxiety in Institutionalised Elders with Dementia (2006)