- Dr Annette Quayle
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- +61 7 3138 2815
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (University of Warwick), Master of Commerce (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Business (University of New England)
- Professional memberships
I am a Lecturer in the School of Accountancy at QUT and a chartered accountant. I hold a Bachelor of Business degree from the University of New England, a Master of Commerce from QUT and a doctorate from the University of Warwick.
My research interest is in improving public accountability, governance and management to help politicians and policy makers respond to the challenges of financial, social and environmental sustainability. These are interdisciplinary challenges and so my research and teaching crosses accounting, governance, politics and risk management. I believe it’s important for academics to maintain close links with government and industry and so I’ve been on secondment to the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (Canberra) and am currently an external advisor to a local government audit and risk committee. Current research projects I’m involved in include the financial accountability of government spending, the roles of accounting in solving the grand challenges of climate change and refugees, and the use of cost/benefit analysis in infrastructure projects.
Prior to joining QUT as a lecturer I taught at the London School of Economics (LSE) in the department of Accounting.
I began my career in tax advisory at a professional services firm and have worked in ASX listed companies in Sydney and Brisbane.
- Colin Brain Governance Fellow 2019-2020
- QUT Vice Chancellor’s Performance Award, 2013
- London School of Economics: Departmental Class Teaching Prize winner, 2009
- London School of Economics Teaching Excellence Award Finalist, 2009
- Climate change and Sustainability
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Performance Measurement and Control Systems
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
Completed Supervision topics
- An Examination of Fairtrade Impact Disclosure Practices
- TOURISM AND NATURE CONSERVATION: THE ECONOMICS OF A SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Clevo Wilson, Adjunct Professor Shunsuke Managi
- Accounting for Fair Trade: Evidence From Producer Organisations in Fair Trade Supply Chains
PhD, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Azizul Islam, Dr Andrew West
- Investigating the Nature of the Relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Governance and Financial Performance in the Mining, Oil and Gas Sectors
MPhil, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Dr Ogan Yigitbasioglu