- Dr Annette Quayle
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- +61 7 3138 2815
- +61 7 3138 1812
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (University of Warwick), Master of Commerce (Queensland University of Technology), Bachelor of Business (University of New England)
- Professional memberships
- Member – Chartered Accountants ANZ
- Member – Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research
- Affiliate – Australian Institute of Company Directors
I am a Lecturer in the School of Accountancy at QUT and a chartered accountant. I hold a Bachelor of Business degree from the University of New England, a Master of Commerce from QUT and a doctorate from the University of Warwick.
My research interest is in understanding and solving public governance, performance and financial accountability problems. These problems are interdisciplinary in nature and hence my research and teaching crosses accounting, politics, performance and risk management. I believe it’s important for academics to maintain close links with government and industry and so I’ve been on a secondment to the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (Canberra) and am currently an external advisor to a local government audit and risk committee. Current research projects I’m involved in include the financial accountability of government spending, the roles of accounting in solving grand challenges of climate change and refugees, and the use of cost/benefit analysis in infrastructure projects.
Prior to joining QUT as a lecturer I taught at the London School of Economics (LSE) in the department of Accounting.
I began my career in tax advisory at a professional services firm and have worked in ASX listed companies in Sydney and Brisbane.
- QUT Vice Chancellor’s Performance Award, 2013
- London School of Economics: Departmental Class Teaching Prize winner, 2009
- London School of Economics Teaching Excellence Award Finalist, 2009
- Dean’s Award for Excellence, Faculty of Business, Queensland University of Technology, 2003
- Climate change and Sustainability
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Performance Measurement and Control Systems
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.
- TOURISM AND NATURE CONSERVATION: THE ECONOMICS OF A SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIP
PhD, Associate Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Clevo Wilson, Adjunct Professor Shunsuke Managi
- Accounting for Ethical Trade: A Study on Fair Trade Supply Chains
PhD, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Azizul Islam, Dr Andrew West
- Investigating the Nature of the Relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Governance and Financial Performance in the Mining, Oil and Gas Sectors
MPhil, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Dr Ogan Yigitbasioglu
- Corporate Social and Environmental Audit
MPhil, Principal Supervisor
Other supervisors: Professor Azizul Islam, Dr Chrisann Lee