- Dr Anne Lane
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Business & Law,
School of Advertising, Marketing & PR
- Discipline *
- Communication and Media Studies, Policy and Administration
- +61 7 3138 2312
- +61 7 3138 1811
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), BA(Hons) (Griffith University)
- Professional memberships
Anne is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
dialogue, engagement, public relations, consultation, participation, community
- Stakeholder and community engagement
- Social impact and its assessment
- Dialogue in public relations theory and practice
- Organisational storytelling and story-listening
- 2005: Recipient of the inaugural Bond University Women’s Network scholarship
- 2003: Previous holder of an Australian Postgraduate Association Scholarship-
- 2002: Patience Thoms Scholarship – Griffith University
- 2002: School of Arts Dean’s Scholarship – Griffith University
- 2001: Communication Medal, Griffith University
- 2001: Runner up Griffith University / Km Hatana Scholarship.
Anne teaches at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the following areas:
- Community consultation and participation
- Public relations writing
- Public relations theory and practice
- Public relations management
- Media relations
- Public relations campaigns
Anne lectures at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations, QUT Business School. She teaches in areas including public relations theory, techniques, and management, and community consultation and engagement. Anne worked in public relations in England for clients including the Rugby Football Union and British Coal. In 1997 she moved back to Australia, where she gained a Bachelor’s degree in Communication (including the Griffith University medal), and a first class Honours degree in Arts. She joined Bond University as a Postgraduate Fellow at the end of 2004, before moving on to her current role at QUT in July 2006.
Anne’s PhD analysed the role of dialogue in relationships between organisations and publics, and the significance of the gaps between theory and practice in the conduct of this dialogue. She has reviewed academic submissions to international journals such as PR Research, PR Review, and the Australian Journal of Emergency Management. Anne has also acted as a reviewer for academic conferences including the annual conferences of the International Communication Association, the National Communication Association, and the research colloquium of the Public Relations Institute of Australia. Anne has also made presentations on public relations-related topics to non-academic audiences, such as the Queensland Council of Carers, the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services, and Community Employment Australia.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.