- Dr Andrew Carkeet
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Health,
School of Optometry & Vision Science
- IHBI Membership
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Optometry - CDA
- Discipline *
- Ophthalmology and Optometry
- +61 7 3138 5703
- +61 7 3138 5665
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
Andrew Carkeet is a lecturer in the School of Optometry at QUT. In the early 1980s, after completing 2 years of his Bachelor of Arts degree dabbling in Philosophy, English Drama, and Psychology, he decided that a health profession would be a more suitable career and switched to studying Optometry full-time at QIT and Arts part-time at the University of Queensland.
- 1987: Bachelor of Applied Science (Optometry)
- 1987: Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
- Master of Science in Physiological Optics (University of Houston), specialising in vernier acuity versus resolution acuity in children
- 1995: PhD in visual temporal order discrimination (QUT)
- Lecturer at the University of Auckland
- 1998: Lecturer (Optometry), Singapore Polytechnic
- 2000-2002: Singapore Eye Research Institute, studying epidemiologies of myopia, optical quality after refractive surgery and aberrations, optical quality and myopia in children.
Dr Carkeet has research publications in diverse areas, with interests in
- children’s vision
- optical quality
- sports vision
- statistics of vision measurement.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.