- Professor Huai Yong Zhu
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Chemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering,
Nanotechnology and Molecular Science
- Discipline *
- Physical Chemistry (incl. Structural, Chemical Engineering, Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry
- +61 7 3138 1581
- +61 7 3138 1804
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (Antwerp State Universtiy Centre)
- Professional memberships
- Clay Society
- Society for Microscopy and Microanalysis
adsorption and adsorbents, alumina nanofibres, ceramic membranes, characterisation of nanostructures, hydrothermal synthesis, inorganic nanostructures, nanomaterials, phase transition of nanostructure, photocatalysts, titanate and titania nanofibres
Research theme: Environment
Research discipline: Chemistry
Research program: Novel materials and nanotechnology
- Nanofibres and nanotubes of metal oxides and metallates.
- Efficient photocatalysts of one-dimensional TiO2.
- Ceramic membranes with nanomesh of metal oxides.
Areas of expertise
- Inorganic nanomaterials
- Ceramic membranes
- Environment technology.
- ARC DP0559724 Meshes of Oxide Nanofibres for Next-Generation Ceramic Membranes
- ARC DP0557945 Reactions of Nanoparticles of Metal Oxides and Hydrous Oxides and their Applications in Photocatalysts and Electrode Materials
- ARC Linkage International LX0454455 Nanostructures of Titanium Dioxide and Titanates by Wet-chemistry
- ARC Linkage LP0562076 Solar Nano-photocatalytic Disinfection and Mineralization of Treated Wastewater from Sewage Treatment Plants.
Selected research projects
- Nanofibres and nanotubes of metal oxides and metallates
- Efficient photocatalysts of one-dimensional TiO2
- Ceramic membranes with nanomesh of metal oxides
- Catalysts and adsorbents from layere clays
- High performance adsorbents for environmental applications.
Teaching Discipline: Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.