- Dr Rumintha Wickramasekera
- Senior Lecturer
QUT Business School,
Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations
- Discipline *
- Business and Management
- +61 7 3138 1560
- +61 7 3138 1811
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Doctor of Philosophy (Charles Sturt University)
Audio visual case studies, International Buiness, Regional export, SMEs, born global, experiential learning, Global business
Rumintha has been involved in several major projects focusing on identifying the dynamics of the internationalisation process of SMEs in a number of countries, including his PhD which examined the internationalisation of the Australian wine industry.
Rumintha has received joint Best Paper awards at the Australia New Zealand International Business Academy and the Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conferences. He received the QUT Vice Chancellor’s award for excellence. His is the co-author of the book Global Business Today: An Asia- Pacific Perspective, the leading introductory international business book in Australasia.
- Internationalisation of service firms
- Experiential learning in large classes
- Born global firms
- Australian wine industry.
Rumintha is currently studying the enhancement of teaching outcomes using audio-visual case studies in large classes. He is also collaborating with Associate Professor Geoff Bamberry (Charles Sturt University) on clustering within the Australian wine industry, and with Tsui-Yii Shih (LungHwa University of Science and Technology) on the Taiwanese electronics industry.
Future collaboration interests
- Multinational group dynamics
- CSU Write-Up Award for PhD
- 2005: Joint Recipient Best Paper Award, Australia New Zealand International Business Academy
- 1995: Joint Recipient Best Paper Award, Australia New Zealand Academy of Management
- International business
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.