This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Dr Jillian Fox
- Discipline *
- Education Systems, Curriculum and Pedagogy, Specialist Studies in Education
- +61 7 3138 3583
- +61 7 3138 3989
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Masters of Education (Queensland University of Technology)
Before joining the SEC team in 2009, Jill Fox worked in the school system (P-3 years) and tertiary sector. She also gained extensive experience working on a range of mathematics based education projects with the Centre for Learning Innovation (CLI- QUT). Jill’s research interests and publications focus on early years mathematics, teacher and parent impact on young children’s mathematics and the role of digital technology in young children’s lives. She has conducted consultancy work addressing early years mathematics in early years settings throughout Queensland. She lectures in the fields of early years mathematics, technology and pre-service teachers field experience.
Prior to becoming a member of the SEC teaching team, Jill taught in early years classrooms and in the School of Maths, Science and Technology, QUT. Current teaching areas include early years mathematics, technology and pre-service teacher field experience including:
- EAP401: Early years: Mathematical understandings (Course co-ordination)
- EDB014: EC Field Studies 4: Professional work of Teachers (Course co-ordination)
- EDB015: Internship (Early Childhood)
- EDB012: EC Field Studies 2: Practising Education in the Field (Course co-ordination)
- EAB015: EC Science & Technology Education (Course co-ordination)
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.