- Professor Julie-Anne Tarr
QUT Business School,
- Discipline *
- Accounting, Auditing and Accountability
- +61 7 3138 2880
- +61 7 3138 1812
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (University of Queensland), Bachelor of Arts (University of Wisconsin System, Madison)
- Professional memberships
Juris Doctorate (Cornell), LLM (Monash)
Professor Tarr has diverse background in:
- commercial and business law
- corporate administration
- not-for-profit change management.
- the United States (Indiana)
- Australia (where she has taught at Monash, Bond and University of Queensland)
- the University of the South Pacific.
- Queensland Institute of Medical Research
- Indiana University’s International Programs Office
- USP Solutions (the private commercial arm of the University of the South Pacific)
- Litigation Reform Commission (Qld).
Professor Tarr has authored six books and a range of articles in the insurance, risk management and commercial practices areas; held a number of Board appointments; and worked extensively as a consultant in the private commercial sector.
Contract and commercial law including:
- insurance law
- intellectual property
- joint venture structure and complex legal issues in commercial arrangements
- biotechnology and medical research
- legal philosophy, comparative law and history.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.