- Associate Professor Tommy Tang
- Associate Professor
QUT Business School,
Economics and Finance
- Discipline *
- Applied Economics
- +61 7 3138 2737
- +61 7 3138 1500
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology), MEd (University of Hong Kong), PostGrad Cert Ed (University of Hong Kong), Grad Dip Ed (University of Hong Kong), BSocSc (University of Hong Kong)
- 1998: joined the QUT’s School of Economics and Finance as an Associate Lecturer
- 2007: awarded a QUT Teaching Fellowship.
- 2008: promoted to Senior Lecturer.
- 2009: received the VC Performance Fund Award.
- 2010: awarded an ALTC Citation.
- 2011: won an ALTC Teaching Excellence Award.
- 2012: appointed member on the OLT Economics Learning Standards Working Party
Tommy is the Subject Area Coordinator in Economics at QUT. He is passionate about the improvement of teaching and learning in economics, and regularly disseminates this knowledge at teaching economics seminars and conferences.
- Areas of expertise
- statistics education
- economics education
- threshold concept
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.