- Dr Craig Sloss
- Senior Lecturer
Science and Engineering Faculty,
Earth, Environmental and Biological Sciences,
- Discipline *
- Geology, Physical Geography and Environmental Geoscience
- +61 7 3138 2610
- +61 7 3138 1535
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (University of Wollongong)
Sedimentology, Marine geology, Quaternary, Holocene, Coastal landscape evolution, Sea level change, Basin Analysis
Research discipline: Biogeoscience
- Holocene Sea-level change
This research focuses on the rate of sea level change since the Last Glacial Maximum and its influence on marginal marine environment, shallow marine environments and the continental shelf on the southeast coast of New South Wales and the southeast coast of Queensland.
- The late Quaternary geomorphological and sedimentary infill of incised valley systems on the eastern seaboard of Australia
The primary focus is on the southeast coast of New South Wales, the northeast coast of New South Wales and the Southeast coast of Queensland.
- Late Holocene tsunami/storm surge deposits
This research project is investigating the potential high energy events preserved in the marginal mare record on the southeast coast of Queensland.