- Dr Peter Schembri
Creative Industries Faculty,
School of Creative Practice,
Film, Screen & Animation
- Discipline *
- Other Studies in Creative Arts and Writing
- +61 7 3138 8199
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
- Identifiers and profiles
Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland), MBus(Comn) (Queensland University of Technology), DipEd (University of Queensland), BA(Hons) (University of Queensland), BBus(Comn) (Queensland Inst. of Technology)
Cultural sociology, Film & TV science fiction, Film Genres, Film History, Online and multimedia teaching and learning, cyberpunk, cyborgs, fantasy, horror
Background: Dr. Peter Schembri is a film, TV, and screen analyst and educator. He was the Tertiary (University) Representative on the State Department of Education’s Board of Senior Secondary School Studies Film and Television Review Panel. He holds a PhD from the University of Queensland in film and television studies, and a Master of Business by research degree in genre studies (science fiction) from Queensland University of Technology . Areas of Expertise:
- Hollywood film and TV genres — including science fiction (Star Trek and other science fiction franchises); superheroes; fantasy; horror; cyberpunk / steampunk.
- Narrative film and TV form and style.
- Film, TV, game genres as a design process and production strategy.
- Film, TV, game genres in combination with character design and worldbuilding.
- Serial TV shows in the contemporary digital period.
- Film and TV genres and game cinematics (ie cutscenes) in video games.
- Film, TV, game analysis.
- Multiplatform and transmedia storytelling.
- Heritage Studies approaches to the study and interpretation of historical films and TV shows.