- Associate Professor Grace Sarra
- Visitor's position
- Associate Professor
Faculty of Education,
- Discipline *
- Specialist Studies in Education, Cultural Studies, Literary Studies
- +61 7 5316 7450
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
Doctor of Creative Industries (Queensland University of Technology)
- Professional memberships
- Board of State Library of Queensland
- Chair of the Younger People’s and Children’s Advisory Group (State Library of Queensland)
- Member of Education Equity committee
- Member of the Indigenous Steering committee for Australian Council of Education Research.
Grace Sarra is a Senior Lecturer at QUT, Caboolture Campus. She is of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. Her mother is of Aboriginal (Birrigubba) and South Sea Islander descent and her father is of Torres Strait Islander heritage from the Central Islands (Mauar) in the Torres Strait.
Grace’s areas of interest are
- Indigenous education
- values education
- social justice
- pedagogy and practice
- school change and leadership.
She has been teaching in schools and universities for over 18 years.
- CLB004 – Integrated Foundations: Visual and Verbal Literacies
- EDB007 – Culture Studies: Indigenous Education
- CLB005 – Wellness and Active Citizenship
- CLB007 – Learning by Design: Multiliteracies Projects.