- Dr Joanne Ramsbotham
- Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Health,
School - Nursing
- IHBI Membership
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Nursing - CDA
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 3902
- +61 7 3138 3814
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Masters of Clinical Nursing (Paediatric/Child Health) (Australian Catholic Uni)
- Professional memberships
- Member – Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Member – QUT Higher Education Research Network
curriculum, transfer of learning, students as partners, student centred learning
Jo has coordinated the undergraduate program and led the postgraduate paediatric /child health subject area within the Masters of Nursing program at QUT. Jo has expertise and a range of experience in employing and evaluating the impact of learning and teaching approaches in these areas.
Jo’s research interests include
- how nursing students’ transfer prior learning from theoretical contexts into the practice environment
- how past theoretical experiences inform students’ development of dimensions of competence
- factors that influence this dynamic process.
Jo has a clinical background in variety of rural and metropolitan settings, most recently in paediatric acute services.
Jo has demonstrated significant and sustained contributions to academic leadership in curriculum development and implementation as well as effective course and subject administration. She has over ten years experience in designing student learning experiences within nursing contexts including:
- nurse practitioner
- postgraduate – paediatric, child and youth health nursing
- undergraduate nursing.
A strong focus of Jo’s teaching is her commitment to student-centred learning, which is supported by her ability to create a collaborative learning environment that engenders student interest and curiosity, and is authentic to ‘real world’ nursing contexts where students develop valued capabilities such as problem solving and clinical judgment.
- Mitchell AE, Fraser JA, Ramsbotham J, Morawska A, Yates P, (2015) Childhood atopic dermatitis: A cross-sectional study of relationships between child and parent factors, atopic dermatitis management, and disease severity, International Journal of Nursing Studies p216-228
- Wright-St Clair V, Reid D, Shaw S, Ramsbotham J, (2014) Evidence-based health practice
- Ramsbotham J, (2014) Linking research and practice, Evidence-based health practice p226-237
- Anderson DJ, Gardner GE, Ramsbotham J, Tones MJ, (2009) E-portfolios: developing nurse practitioner competence and capability, Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing p70-76
- Coyer FM, Ramsbotham J, (2006) Respiratory Health Breakdown, Pathophysiology Applied to Nursing p138-168
For more publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.