- Dr Joanne Ramsbotham
Faculty of Health,
School - Nursing
- IHBI Member
Institute of Health Biomedical Innovation (IHBI),
IHBI Health Projects,
IHBI Nursing - HHWB
- Discipline *
- +61 7 3138 3902
- +61 7 3138 3814
- View location details (QUT staff and student access only)
PhD (Queensland University of Technology), Masters of Clinical Nursing (Paediatric/Child Health) (Australian Catholic Uni)
- Professional memberships
Jo has coordinated the undergraduate program and led the postgraduate paediatric /child health subject area within the Masters of Nursing program at QUT. Jo has expertise and a range of experience in employing and evaluating the impact of learning and teaching approaches in these areas.
Jo’s research interests include
- how nursing students’ transfer prior learning from theoretical contexts into the practice environment
- how past theoretical experiences inform students’ development of dimensions of competence
- factors that influence this dynamic process.
Jo has a clinical background in variety of rural and metropolitan settings, most recently in paediatric acute services.
Jo has over ten years experience in designing student learning experiences within nursing contexts including
- nurse practitioner
- postgraduate – paediatric
- child and youth health nursing
- undergraduate nursing.
For publications by this staff member, visit QUT ePrints, the University's research repository.